Go past frame 72?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Avalanche941

Go past frame 72?

Post by Avalanche941 »

I had just made my first animation (no, not a bouncing ball one! A full legth one with characters), but when I played it, it stopped at frame 72 on the timeline! I know there is a way to make the timeline last longer, but I don't know how. Does anybody know how? If you know how, can you please teach me how?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Avalanche
"Good" thinks itself "good", but "evil" thinks itself "good" also. "Evil" thinks "good" is "evil", and vice versa. You think "good" is "good" simply because it is better for your welfare.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

maybe if you go to the video properties... where it say start frame and end frame. just put:
start frame 0
end frame 0

the animation will have all frames you want.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When you create a new Moho project the default length is 72 frames.

I make this mistake all the time... do a preview or render and forget to change the length.

You can change the length in the Project settings, or in the final render. Looking at the project settings there is a box for the end frame of the animation... or the length I forget off hand.

What I do is use the key command to set the final frame. On a Mac you hold down:

Command + Option and click on the frame of the timeline you want to be the end point. I don't know the equivelent on the Windows versiion.

You can also set the end frame on the final render settings.

-Vern
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

heyvern wrote:Command + Option and click on the frame of the timeline you want to be the end point. I don't know the equivelent on the Windows versiion.
Windows users, ALT & Click on the timeline.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

heyvern wrote:Command + Option and click on the frame of the timeline you want to be the end point.
Option and click is enough.

In most cases, these "modifier keys" are each other's equivalent in Windows and Mac

Option <--> Alt
Command <--> Ctrl
Control click <--> right click
Shift <--> Shift

I wrote in most cases, because X11 (the XServe equivalent of Linux on the Mac) uses Control instead of Command, because the PC keyboard doesn't have a Command key.

Edit: Technically, the latter thing isn't true. In fact, the Command key on an Apple keyboard is the same as the Windows key on a PC keyboard. Something to remember if you connect a PC (usb) keyboard to an Apple computer.
Last edited by Rasheed on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avalanche941

Post by Avalanche941 »

Thanks! :D
"Good" thinks itself "good", but "evil" thinks itself "good" also. "Evil" thinks "good" is "evil", and vice versa. You think "good" is "good" simply because it is better for your welfare.