Can one lock bones to image, or stick to layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Visions of Domino

Can one lock bones to image, or stick to layer?

Post by Visions of Domino »

I've created a scene where the camera starts far away from the default location and zooms in on an PNG image (which also has been repositioned in it's Z field). After a pause, the the image is further enlarged by using the resize tool so I can get a full screen close up (because it is hard to do this with the camera). At the last moment I decided I would like to animate this close up with bones.

However, when you create the bones in Frame 1, they do not line up with the image I want to animate. And when you try to adjust the Z position, size, and all for the bones, the sub layered image they effect, gets repositioned too. Not what I want.

How do you keep bones properly aligned with the image that moves around and resizes?

The only fix I found is tedious. You must capture a still from the exported movie, import it into a new project, and align the image to the still (which i more than a bit of a pain). Then stitch this together in Premiere.

Anybody have a quicker fix?

Thanks,
VoD
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Have you tried putting it all in a group, and then resizing the group? I've never had this problem, but that's the first thing I'd try.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Visions of Domino

Post by Visions of Domino »

Thanks, yes I should have done this all through group animation, but now that I have gone and messed it up, what is the easiest way to save it, instead of redoing it.

You see, the images are all lined up and positioned as needed, but the bones appear on a totally different Z & X POSITION. But changing the bone Z position changes the sublayered images Z position too. Can I move, resize, the bones to line up with my current image position, with out affecting the image until I tell it too, when everything is set in place. I supose I may be asking for too much here.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I'm not sure but can you use the embedded script feature to create a 'control layer' linked to the other layer? Not sure if it would work but maybe one of the gurus could help.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]