bitmap bucket tool - colors dont change on expert

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

specialoh

Re: bitmap bucket tool - colors dont change on expert

Post by specialoh »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:50 pm
specialoh wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:45 am
so the PNG export does not work in the render, same as video ----does this mean i would have to control R for preview and render out each frame as PNG individually? :cry:
Just use Moho Exporter; set it to PNG Image Sequence and this will render final quality frames of your entire animation in the intended colorspace. Then you can compile the image sequence in an compositing or editing program. Some movie players can also compile frames to a movie file.

Rendering movie files directly out of Moho not only has potential color space issues, but it can take longer to render and its more prone to crashing on low-memory systems. Rendering to image sequence, on the other hand, is not nearly as memory intensive and it's more reliable. Years ago, my workflow was to use the free VirtualDub program to batch process image sequences from multiple Moho projects to separate movie files. This was because I did my Moho animations on a light-weight laptop with only 4GB of RAM to animate in Moho. (Scareplane and HLF was mostly animated in Moho this way.)

Nowadays, I use Moho's Layer Comps to separate a scene into separate 'passes' (for example, FG, MG, BG, Character, custom mattes, etc,) and then I use Moho Exporter to automatically break out the layers to discreet image sequences for compositing. (Moho Exporter has a 'one-click' button for this.) Next, I import the layers to After Effects or Fusion, re-assemble the scene, apply any effects, and then output a final movie file from there for final editing in Vegas or Premiere. This is a fairly common workflow for animation.

Of course, you don't need to use Layer Comps or AE to get a final movie file from the Moho image sequence but, as you might see, this opens up a lot of creative possibilities for the footage that's not possible with using Moho alone.

In any case, rendering to image sequence and compiling the frames to a movie elsewhere is guaranteed to make the footage look right even if you don't do anything extra to it. :)

Hope this gives you some ideas to try.
thanks for the insight btw