Head masks

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mastin1

Head masks

Post by Mastin1 »

Hi.
I have a bone group called HEAD. Inside this group I have other two groups (EYES and MOUTH) and one layere that is the head shape. In both groups I have 4 layers.
This is the structure:

- HEAD
- EYES
pupils
eyes
- MOUTH
theet
tongue
mouth
- head shape

Now.. I need to create mask for both group. In eyes: pupils are visibile only when is on eyes layer. In Mouth: tongue and theet are visible only when they are on mouth layer.
But when both groups (eyes and mouth) are over the head shape, they should be invisible.

I tried different solutions but don't find the right way...
Can someone help me?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Head masks

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Mastin1

Post by Mastin1 »

Thanks.. but in my case the shapes and layer are more complex. Actually in my example I wrote just two layers but in the real composition they are more than 2.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have used this same technique for extremely complex characters (sadly I can't share them here). It doesn't matter how many layers you have, the same concept can be applied.
Anyway, you can create very complex masking in Moho without using any special setup, the issue with taht is the preview won't show the final result (so you will see eyes floating while animating, for instance), so you will have to render to see the final result.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Mastin1

Post by Mastin1 »

Could I ask you to share it privatly? I really need to finish this work as soon as possible and I don't find the way
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mastin1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:00 pmCould I ask you to share it privatly? I really need to finish this work as soon as possible and I don't find the way
Sorry, but even when I would like to, I can't. It's confidential.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Mastin1

Post by Mastin1 »

I see.
Thank ;)