Import video

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mkl

Import video

Post by mkl »

Hi !, when I import a video file I get an error, the file is not seen and a "?" appears, if I import the video as a sequence of images : Animation / track layer may not be activated, mey be the Track tool only run with video files? Thanks,
synthsin75

Re: Import video

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, video tracking only works with video.
mkl

Post by mkl »

But, I have imported video in mp4 and mov and without result. that is, the layer has the symbol "?" and of course there is no video included
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It could be a codec problem or you might not have enough RAM to cache the video.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Check the video file name: better no blanks and no non-7bit-Ascii-characters (also in the path).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
mkl

Post by mkl »

The original file is IMG_3472.MOV and I made several conversions in case it was a format problem , and with these names : Rayo_vimeo.mp4 or 720.mov, ... the file names have no special characters, is it a curious mystery?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

mkl wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:50 am The original file is IMG_3472.MOV and I made several conversions in case it was a format problem , and with these names : Rayo_vimeo.mp4 or 720.mov, ... the file names have no special characters, is it a curious mystery?
Try checking if the containing folders have special characters.
Also, try importing the file in the x86 version of Moho.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mkl

Post by mkl »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 am
mkl wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:50 am The original file is IMG_3472.MOV and I made several conversions in case it was a format problem , and with these names : Rayo_vimeo.mp4 or 720.mov, ... the file names have no special characters, is it a curious mystery?
Try checking if the containing folders have special characters.
Also, try importing the file in the x86 version of Moho.
I have performed the operation with Anime 9.5 and with the same result ... I have even copied two files with a simple name to the desktop to avoid other routes.
Could it be that some software configuration file has disappeared or any explanation like that?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Can you share the video? Maybe in a PM if it can't be public?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mkl

Post by mkl »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am Can you share the video? Maybe in a PM if it can't be public?
Yes, no problem to share de video, https://vimeo.com/404559960

the video was to do a test with track tracking, taking advantage of the quarantine period to learn more, I had already done some before but to remember and improve, and I have encountered this problem.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thanks. I just downloaded the video. It's working here. I'm using Moho 12.5, 64-bit.
Please check if the file works for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl5lfp0bria1e ... 1.mp4?dl=0
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok (I'm answering here instead on the PM, so the info may be useful for other people), do you have Quicktime and VLC installed? I recommend you to do it if not, I'm not sure about it, but maybe that can help with some codecs.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
mkl

Post by mkl »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:46 pm Ok (I'm answering here instead on the PM, so the info may be useful for other people), do you have Quicktime and VLC installed? I recommend you to do it if not, I'm not sure about it, but maybe that can help with some codecs.
Quicktime installed and VLC installed too, but nothing new!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I don't know what the problem could be. It's working fine here.
A workaround could be to transform the video to image sequence and import that instead. You can try this web:
https://ezgif.com/video-to-jpg
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
mkl

Post by mkl »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:49 pm I don't know what the problem could be. It's working fine here.
A workaround could be to transform the video to image sequence and import that instead. You can try this web:
https://ezgif.com/video-to-jpg
At this moment I have uninstalled Moho and I will do the installation again, I will give you news. Thank you