squashing a cheeseburger? is there a way?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

squashing a cheeseburger? is there a way?

Post by cabbage0896 »

I'm working on animating a cheeseburger( front view), go figure something I never thought I would write but here I am. I have one bone that runs vertically through the bacon and special sauce and cheese, buns and all that then a pile of fries for a body, arms and legs. The bone that runs through the burger part I want to "squash and stretch, I think.." to make it appear it's talking. I have never done this before except by mistake and cannot reproduce the effect. Is this something that's done in bone dynamics or elsewhere? I want to shorten and lengthen a bone and have the attached condiment layers move with it, can anyone help? If anyone has ever animated a cheeseburger or other deli sandwich before I could use your help and as always I appreciate any and all help offered thanks. C
slowtiger

Re: squashing a cheeseburger? is there a way?

Post by slowtiger »

I'd do this in 3 layers: one is the bun as a whole, with the origin point set to the bottom, so it could squash and stretch via scaling (press alt) easily. The other 2 layers would be the topping, a bit wider than the bun, so they appear to be inside. Let lettuce and cheese act as lips, rig two bones horiziontally, use control bones so you only need to move one bone for opening/closing.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5