Cleared animation from Document but didn't work

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Cleared animation from Document but didn't work

Post by Daxel »

I had a character with a few layers and some animation on each one.
First I used the "Animation - Copy current frame" to copy one of the frames to frame 0, and that worked perfectly.
Then I wanted to get rid of all the animation on the document, so I used the "Animation - Clear animation from document" and all the keyframes dissapeared, so I was expecting to have my character like I wanted on frame 0 and no animation, but when I move from frame 0 to frame 1 my character changes, so there should be something about frame 0 that I'm not understanding correctly. On the rest of the frames the character remains exactly as frame 1.

I have only seen something like that when using the bone offset tool but this is not the case.
Daxel

Re: Cleared animation from Document but didn't work

Post by Daxel »

Ok finally I found the problem.
I was going to delete the post but I think it's better if I let the solution here so maybe that can help someone searching for it.
Like I suspected, Moho did everything right. The thing is that "Animation - Clear animation from document" deletes all the keyframes from the main timeline but not from other timelines like smartbone actions timelines. That was causing the problem.
Greenlaw

Re: Cleared animation from Document but didn't work

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, this is normal behavior: The Clear commands affect only the Mainline animation.

The animation contained inside Actions should be considered part of the 'rigging'. If the Clear commands affected this, it would be break the rigs, which normally isn't what you want to happen. If you wish to get rid of the animation inside the Actions, you'll need to delete the Actions. Note that you may need to delete the same Actions from multiple items (i.e., individual bones and layers and items associated with the Actions.)