How to change shortkeys rotating the workspace?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Raaskot

How to change shortkeys rotating the workspace?

Post by Raaskot »

I want to change existing shortkeys (cmd-space) for temporarely rotating the workspace. Not the tool (8), though, and not the (ctrl/cmd-RMB) option either.

But I cannot find this in the shortcut edit list. Is it possible to alter (cmd-space) to something else?

Kind regards
Raaskot
Greenlaw

Re: How to change shortkeys rotating the workspace?

Post by Greenlaw »

If you press and hold 8 while dragging, it will temporarily let you rotate the workspace. Then it will switch back to the tool you were using previously. As a matter of fact, 'press and hold' for temporary activation works for most tools in Moho.

The downside is that 'press and hold' affects performance. I imagine it's sending the command repeatedly and rapidly which is probably impeding other processes. If your scene isn't too complex, it might work for you.

I don't normally use the 'press and hold' feature myself because of the performance hit but if the developers could optimize it, I would probably use it all the time.

Is there a reason you don't like Ctrl R-Mouse? That's my preferred method with mouse or stylus. Or simply clicking on the tool?

Alternatively, if you have a touch tablet, you can rotate the workspace using two fingers. I preferred this method when I used my old Cintiq Companion 2. When you do this, be sure to enable Multi-Touch For Navigation Only, otherwise it can mess up your drawings.

Hope any of this info helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raaskot

Re: How to change shortkeys rotating the workspace?

Post by Raaskot »

Very good and usable advice. This works excellent for my purpose :-)

I understand your concerns about performance, but I use the workspace rotation while drawing and it doesnt seems to affect the experience.
The explanation for my quest is somehow chained:

(1) Drawing with my dated Wacom Cintiq pen I wanted to (2) RMB-map a rotate keyshort (cmd-space) which (3) colliding with the Mac OS hence executing the (dreaded) Spotlight Search-thing -- which -- (4) I couldn't figure out to get rid of.

Yes, ctrl/cmd-right click works fine, but it works better for me to keep the option "pen wise" without needing the keyboard.

So, you have indeed been very helpful, Thank you.

Kind regards
Raaskot