Moho Pro 13 PNG Import Not Transparent

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EHEBrandon

Moho Pro 13 PNG Import Not Transparent

Post by EHEBrandon »

Okay this is kind of annoying I'm creating something in photoshop I tried getting rid of the background so its checkerboard I tried making it pure white but no matter what when I try to import a PNG it will always import with some kind of backdrop and never transparent and its a bit frustrating. Any tips or tricks?
slowtiger

Re: Moho Pro 13 PNG Import Not Transparent

Post by slowtiger »

In PS: create new file. Create new layer. Create something drawn in that layer. Switch off visibility of background layer. Save as PNG.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Re: Moho Pro 13 PNG Import Not Transparent

Post by Greenlaw »

The background needs to be transparent in Photoshop (i.e., you should see the checker pattern.)

When exporting the PNG, make sure Transparency is enabled in the settings. You can do this from Export Preferences. If you're using the legacy exporter, it's an option on the panel.

My preference with Photoshop is to use the free third-party plugin Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast. This tool is especially useful when exporting character artwork for Moho.

With any of these methods, so long as Transparency is enabled, Moho will read the image with a transparent background.