Head turns with mouth switch layers?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Head turns with mouth switch layers?

Post by SuperSGL »

I can't figure out how to turn the head and get all the mouth positions to move with it. Which ever mouth I have set as default when I create the Head turn Action is always at the end of the turn no matter which switch layer (mouth position) I start off with.
The most basic mouth I have is a black circle with extra points to reshape. So my switch layer will have Mouth 1, Mouth 2, etc... I create a smart bone action and turn the head with mouth 1 and then I switch to mouth 2 and move that over as well along with any others. But when I go to animate If I have Mouth 2 present before applying the head turn action It turns back to Mouth 1. I can understand why it's doing this but can't figure out how to make it work with all the switch layers

I have other rigs that are a bit more complicated but for clarity sake I'll keep it simple the other rigs end up with same result anyway.

I hope I made this clear enough to understand what I'm asking. Thanks in advance for your advise.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
synthsin75

Re: Head turns with mouth switch layers?

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like you're setting a switch keyframe in the action. You only need to animate each turning and then delete any switch keyframes in the action.
SuperSGL

Re: Head turns with mouth switch layers?

Post by SuperSGL »

That's what was happening. I had to go back and click on each layer in the switch and adjust it for the turn. Thank you!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations