...That's not meant to happen

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

catlover8976

...That's not meant to happen

Post by catlover8976 »

Firstly I'm sorry but I am using Anime Studio 11, but I'm not a professional and this is all I have at the moment.

Secondly, I've been using Anime Studio since Anime Studio 5, slowly having to relearn things as they changed over and over again. But I have taken a couple of years off as a break to now come back and hoped I'd be able to pick it up again relatively easily but this... I swear I'm not stupid, but this shouldn't be happening, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
A tail rig should be the most simple rig, to draw bones from one end of a tail to the other, then boom you have a moving tail. I've done it hundreds of times before and yet... Here I am. Confused and lost.
Image Image
This was a point rig.

I made a completely different bone and vector layer to test and replicate it to the same results. What am I doing wrong, what have they changed? It never used to do this.
This was a flexy rig.

Please help, I feel like a noob again.
hayasidist

Re: ...That's not meant to happen

Post by hayasidist »

top ones: probably flexibinding - other bones are influencing the points - one set of bones pulling one way and the others refusing to let the vectors go where you want them.
the new rig: at first glance it seems that the vector might not be a child layer of the bone layer????
catlover8976

Post by catlover8976 »

Former - There's no flexy binding in the whole object, I did it all via binding points.
Later - It is.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

ok …
so in the first one - check the point binding is correct?
second one - are you using the bone transform tool on frame 0? that will move the bones but not the artwork.

failing that - if you'd like to upload the AS file I (or anyone else here) could take a look
catlover8976

Post by catlover8976 »

God I figured it out when I was importing the object to send the file.

Anime Studio I love you but you can be a right twat sometimes. It just randomly changed the Z positioning of the vector object making it freak out. Reset it all and it works normally.

I never touched those parameters or used the 3D once why is it like this.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

glad you got it sorted! (take a look at edit > preferences > layers/objects - there's an "auto center new layers" - with that checked, AS will "helpfully" change the origin … might be the answer to the z shift - personally, I keep that off - and I think the default is off in later versions)