how send layer behind the another during animation or action

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Deepurana749

how send layer behind the another during animation or action

Post by Deepurana749 »

how to hide a layer or send layer behind the another in animation in this vedio how he managed to send his another leg behind the horse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isG2sMe ... HKrUBavMSQ in 10:27
for example if i want to make amy character sitting on bike ... or when character moves in forward walk cycle how can i hide his hand behind the body when his hand goes back
Greenlaw

Re: how send layer behind the another during animation or ac

Post by Greenlaw »

Are you asking how to change layer order? If so, it's easy.

Open the layer settings for the Group layer containing your layers. If there is no Group layer, you need to create one. Then, under Depth Sort, enable Animated Layer Order.

Now, when you move a layer to an new depth position in the Layer Window, Moho will create a keyframe in the group layer.

You can even embed layer order animations in a Smart Bone Dial. But if you choose to do this, be aware that the SBD animation will always override any manual layer order keyframing you may wish to do. Personally, I do this only for small groups where the stacking order choices will be limited and predictable. For more complex groups, we can't always anticipate what a character will be asked to do on a show, and it may be better to leave the layer order animation for manual keyframing by the animator.

If you don't wish to create a lot of layers, you might consider Animated Shape Order instead. This is a similar option you can enable in a Vector layer's settings. I usually find it's easier to work with separate layers but there are times when it's much cleaner to work with shape order instead.

Hope this helps.
Deepurana749

Post by Deepurana749 »

Greenlaw wrote:Are you asking how to change layer order? If so, it's easy.

Open the layer settings for the Group layer containing your layers. If there is no Group layer, you need to create one. Then, under Depth Sort, enable Animated Layer Order.

Now, when you move a layer to an new depth position in the Layer Window, Moho will create a keyframe in the group layer.

You can even embed layer order animations in a Smart Bone Dial. But if you choose to do this, be aware that the SBD animation will always override any manual layer order keyframing you may wish to do. Personally, I do this only for small groups where the stacking order choices will be limited and predictable. For more complex groups, we can't always anticipate what a character will be asked to do on a show, and it may be better to leave the layer order animation for manual keyframing by the animator.

If you don't wish to create a lot of layers, you might consider Animated Shape Order instead. This is a similar option you can enable in a Vector layer's settings. I usually find it's easier to work with separate layers but there are times when it's much cleaner to work with shape order instead.

Hope this helps.
sir thankx a lot this really helped me a lot ( Then, under Depth Sort, enable Animated Layer Order.) sir but when the there are different group .. like bike is ni different group and man body is in another group how i will hide the another leg behind the bike while sitting
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok, I see what you mean.

In that case, I might make a Reference of the rig group, and place the reference behind the bicycle. Then I'd hide the parts that should be invisible in the original 'foreground' group, and invert the layer visibility in referenced 'background' group. Be sure to animate only the foreground copy if you want to keep the layers in sync.

To move the bicycle and character groups together as one unit, I might group all three groups together and then transform this group. Depending on the required animation, It might help to place this this group's origin on the 'ground' between the wheels.

If the character needs to interact directly with the bicycle rig (using bone targets, parenting, IK, etc.,) it gets a bit trickier. In this case, you may need to nest the bicycle inside the character rig. I generally try to avoid this approach because it can get 'messy' but sometimes it's necessary, especially if the items need to turn or otherwise change perspective.