target bone is working so weard ..

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Deepurana749

target bone is working so weard ..

Post by Deepurana749 »

dear moho mamber my problm is that . whenever i am using target bone suppose i am using it on two leg and i targeted them properly ..
bt as i go to timeline and start animating it work so weard odd for example the two bone like thigh and lover bone are unable to bend and target bone is moving freely .. Image to view image click right click and open in new tab
Last edited by Deepurana749 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: targer bone is working so weard ..

Post by Greenlaw »

A little hard to tell because of the handheld video but I think you have the angle constraint set to prevent the leg from bending.

For joints like elbows and knees, I usually leave this constraint disabled. It's better to apply a slight pre-bend to the joint and allow the IK to handle it. This allows it to bend freely without popping and solves other potential issues. When you need to make it bend in the opposite directly, just keyframe the rotation to 'pre-bend' it in the opposite direction. Then the target will make it bend smoothly the other way.

If that's not it, here are some other possibilities:

- You may have the joint inadvertently locked in a smart bone action.
- Or there is some other constraint enabled that's locking the joint.
- Or there is an unseen bone parented that's stopping the IK and you need to enable Ignored by IK for it.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:It's better to apply a slight pre-bend to the joint and allow the IK to handle it.
I'm betting it's this. With a zero angle constraint in one direction, that could be the direction the IK naturally wants to bend it. Just move the target bone and then try to rotate the shin bone in the direction you want it to bend.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah, that makes complete sense. I'm betting that's it.

@Deepurana749, the pre-bend doesn't have to be much and you probably won't need to change the artwork at all.

Additionally, I'd turn off the angle constraint in the knee. IMO, constraints are useful when you need 'em but that shouldn't be a place where you need one. For me, anyway, constraining the range at that joint would just hinder what I can do with the character and make its movements look 'robotic'. At some point during animation you'll want the flexibility to overdrive a pose to make it look right in motion.
Deepurana749

Re: target bone is working so weard ..

Post by Deepurana749 »

Greenlaw wrote:A little hard to tell because of the handheld video but I think you have the angle constraint set to prevent the leg from bending.

For joints like elbows and knees, I usually leave this constraint disabled. It's better to apply a slight pre-bend to the joint and allow the IK to handle it. This allows it to bend freely without popping and solves other potential issues. When you need to make it bend in the opposite directly, just keyframe the rotation to 'pre-bend' it in the opposite direction. Then the target will make it bend smoothly the other way.

If that's not it, here are some other possibilities:

- You may have the joint inadvertently locked in a smart bone action.
- Or there is some other constraint enabled that's locking the joint.
- Or there is an unseen bone parented that's stopping the IK and you need to enable Ignored by IK for it.

Hope this helps.

thanks sir u really helped me bt before reading this i just unchecked the angle constraint if. yess that relly worked then i came to know tje problm .. and yes it is possible to use angle constrain and target bone.. by properly managing the angle so that the target bone can move freely... and yes it worked.. and i putted the solution on fb moho animator page.. just after the post i posted here... bt sir reallly thanks aa lot for your response hope my this post and your best rply will help other upcoming beginners...