Animation lagging problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekadam

Animation lagging problem

Post by ekadam »

Hello!
anyone please can help me?
my problem is: in this animation witch i made , in moho studio the animation looks very good and fast! but when i export it, it's lagging and not enough fast.
i tried all animation export formats, but still have the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2knrG2Hvxk

the moho file : https://files.fm/u/s6duh4u8
synthsin75

Re: Animation lagging problem

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have your CPU overclocked or something?

I ask because your timeline is running faster than real time. Each of the long lines in the timeline is a second, and trying to count them as it plays shows it's obviously faster than it will playback once exported.

Usually people ask about lag IN an animation program, not the animation program being faster than the exported video. So it's an odd situation to want to hobble program speed to get real-time playback.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I just looked at the file and, yes, it does play unusually quickly when pressing 'play'. When I look at the timeline, with the project at 24fps, it definitely appears to play much faster than 24fps. If I disable Allow Frame Skipping, the playback seems more correct (slower, like in the final render.)

Since it sounds like you want the faster version, you'll need to recalculate the sim using different settings, and try Disable Allow Frame Skipping to see more accurate playback of the sim. Or, you could time compress the baked keys using Alt.

That said, be aware that 'realtime playback' isn't necessarily giving you accurate playback in the Workspace...it's usually a good approximation but the performance can be affected by various processes. The best way to check the actual motion playback without fully rendering is to use Preview Animation. This writes a movie based on the project's framerate...the image quality will be 'poor' (it's just a preview after all) but the playback speed will be as accurate as the final quality.

FYI, I don't normally need to do this unless the scene is very complicated or I'm animating lipsync and need to be sure it's in sync. Maybe using dynamics for all your animation is another case where you just need to use Preview Animation to check your work.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Huh, first time I opened the file it played in real-time, even with Allow Frame Skipping enabled. Now it is playing fast, like shown.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah, I see what it is. If you go into the group's Physics tab and check Use Baked Physics, the playback will go to real-time. My guess is that the physics is calculated as fast as possible, and until you bake the physics, so it's just playing the keyframes like normal, it's still calculating.

Granted, you'll want to disable Use Baked Physics if you want to make any changes to the physics simulation.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you want it to run as fast as it did while calculating the physics, you can use Animation>Rescale Keyframes for the entire document (checkbox) and set the new end frame to half the original end frame.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote:Huh, first time I opened the file it played in real-time, even with Allow Frame Skipping enabled. Now it is playing fast, like shown.
Yeah, something seems odd about that to me too. I haven't used physics for a long time so I'm not sure it's always been like this or if this is new.

Also, I wasn't aware you could bake a sim to keys natively. (Or maybe I just forgot, which seems more likely these days.) Pretty cool! Certainly makes offsetting and re-timing the sim on the timeline a lot easier. :)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just tried the Use Baked option. Yeah, that forces proper framerate for the bake.

Thanks for figuring that out...that was puzzling me this morning.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It just occurred to me that baking probably makes the project more stable/compatible for network rendering. I know that's what I have to do when network rendering sims created in 3D animation programs. Just a tip for anybody using network rendering with Moho.
ekadam

Post by ekadam »

hi. thanks for the answers guys, it was really helpful.
and my problem is looks like resolved

fps changed to - 60 , and i disabled " Allow Frame Skipping "

thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by7WdhGhtgk