importing audio into Moho question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

willwillwill

importing audio into Moho question

Post by willwillwill »

Hello,
I realize that I have asked quite a few questions of this forum and hope it hasn't been annoying. I am happy to report that I am now looking at 20 minutes of cartoon on my timeline and while it's not exactly professional looking the whole way through it's something I am enormously happy with and proud of. So thanks to the people here for all your help.
That out of the way, this is maybe more of an audacity question but the tracks in audacity seem to be in two channels but I am only getting one channel in moho on some but not all of my audio clips. I am posting a similar question on an audacity forum but wondering if there is something that can cause audio to do that in the moho program. Also, is there a way to split audio in moho? My guess it no but thought I'd ask.
Thanks again.
Will
synthsin75

Re: importing audio into Moho question

Post by synthsin75 »

On your audio layer settings in Moho, make sure "Spatial positioning" is disabled.

You can't really split audio in Moho, but you can duplicate the audio layer and set the layer visibility for the start and end of each, which basically accomplishes the same thing.
Penny

Re: importing audio into Moho question

Post by Penny »

As Wes said disabling spatial positioning should solve the problem but let me add a little more info.
When putting an audio layer, the origin of layer is the source of the audio. That means that if you move the layer you're actually panning the audio across the screen to achieve stereo effects. Camera movements will also affect the position of audio. If you disable spatial positioning the source will be always in the centre no matter of camera and layer movements. Anyway in certain cases you would maintain the pan in the layer and just exclude camera movements, so another option there would be to check "immune to camera" with spatial positioning enabled.
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago