Layers names disappeared !

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Twisto

Layers names disappeared !

Post by Twisto »

Hi
After I save my project and open it again all layers names vanished:
How can I fix it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Layers names disappeared !

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It looks like the column is moved to the right.
Try undocking the window (in the menu Window/Docking/Layers) and check if the column is still there.

Another option I highly recommend is go to the Preferences, Layers/Objects tab and check "Auto-size Name column".
Personally I can't work without that option on.
___
And related to that, I also recommend to uncheck the "Search filter always shows parent..."
At least for me, using the filters makes much more sense without seeing every parent.

And finally -to save space- you can also remove the Label column, since you can also add and see labels by right clicking over the eyes of each layer.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Twisto

Re: Layers names disappeared !

Post by Twisto »

Víctor Paredes wrote:It looks like the column is moved to the right.
Try undocking the window (in the menu Window/Docking/Layers) and check if the column is still there.

Another option I highly recommend is go to the Preferences, Layers/Objects tab and check "Auto-size Name column".
Personally I can't work without that option on.
___
And related to that, I also recommend to uncheck the "Search filter always shows parent..."
At least for me, using the filters makes much more sense without seeing every parent.

And finally -to save space- you can also remove the Label column, since you can also add and see labels by right clicking over the eyes of each layer.
Thank you dear friend! :D