3 problems: Face Camera, Fixed Distance, Ink effects

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Alonso

3 problems: Face Camera, Fixed Distance, Ink effects

Post by Alonso »

Hey.

http://www.alonso-martin.com/Stuff/night.zip

I've been working on a scene for the introduction of my game. Everything comes along so quickly and easily (I just started using Moho 2 days ago)! I've run into 3 problems I hope you guys can help me with, though:

1) Is there a way to make an object always face the camera in any direction? I've seen that you can make an object look towards the camera whilst on the same level, but what about when the camera looks down to it? Is there a way to make it "rotate" upwards?

2) How can you make an object stay at the same distance from the camera while it's moving?-- I know you can activate the "ignore camera movements" feature, but I still want the object to move sideways as the camera pans (and have the object stay the same size). For this, I had to move it manually, but I'm presuming it will get tedious eventually.

3) Can you mask an object with an ink effect to a percentage? I.e. having the character (visually, in the video below) be displayed darker-- it's supposed to be a night scene. You can add a shade to it, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do it with ink effects.

I've also included the video I'm working on, to show you, somewhat, what I need. I'll still add bushes and everything, so it's WIP.

http://www.alonso-martin.com/Stuff/night.zip
7feet

Post by 7feet »

(1) The "face camera" only works in the horizontal plane. Bit of a problem that, in my opinion.

(2) Would probably be an easy embedded script to write, locking the layer to camera position. For that matter, might not be so hard for (1), to always rotate a layer to face the camera.

(3) not sure what you mean by "ink effects" (I'm really just a sculptor), but you could drop a transparent layer into the masking group to darken it, and maybe play with the layer blending mode. DOn't do a lot of that, hopefully somebody'll chime in with specifics.