Bone Audio Wiggle values are very small.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Bone Audio Wiggle values are very small.

Post by rylleman »

Trying to use the bone wiggle script but I find its oscillation very small.
I set maximum angle to 90° but the value ranges from 0 to just 5-6°, at extreme 11-12°.

The audio is not particularly low.
Tried to set the audio level up high to 100 but there is no difference at all.

How can I make the resulting curve angles be scaled to cover the whole range, 0-90°?

(Tried to set the wiggle bone to control a smart bone to gear up the rotation but there's some bug going on.
Wiggle bone, A, is made a smart bone with the range 0-10° which drives another smart bone, B, 0-90° which in turn drives the action on bones C.
Within the A action, A drives B and B drives the C bones but when in the mainline, A drives B but C is not moving...)
slowtiger

Re: Bone Audio Wiggle values are very small.

Post by slowtiger »

How about: bone wiggles a control bone, which moves another bone by whatever factor?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

No can do. That another bone then needs to be the smart bone for the action and those cannot be controlled by another bone. The action doesn't work then.

But I got it to work by playing with the curves for the smart bone in the action.

So, fiddle is my own answer to this question.

Some kind of amplification parameter would be cool to have in the script some day.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

rylleman wrote:Within the A action, A drives B and B drives the C bones but when in the mainline, A drives B but C is not moving
Yeah -- that's a known limitation -- you might like to take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31871&start=30#p182043

On Bone wiggle -- IMO there's a "feature" in the LM script that uses the absolute amplitude to set the bone rotation, rather than "relative to maximum" amplitude. This version implements the "relative to max" angular displacement: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z5kfaxx4 ... d.lua/file

I've given it a very short test - seems OK but please say if not. Put it in your custom folder (… \Moho Pro\scripts\menu\Sound ) and it should override the factory version.

((sorry - cross-posted))
chucky

Post by chucky »

I always use a smart bone constrained to the wiggle bone as an intermediate in a wiggle action.
You can bump up the constraint value to amplify the wiggle without messing around too much with the wiggle values..
In the library, there's an example ( a few) in Scenes /CK Quick and the Dead.