Duplicating Smartbone with All its Actions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Duplicating Smartbone with All its Actions

Post by Little Yamori »

Do you guys know if it's possible to duplicate a smartbone with all it's actions? (I'm using ASP 11.2) I duplicated the bone itself but none of the actions ended up in the copy, and in the actions window I don't see a copy option. I have a complex head combined with a body turn that I want duplicated, so I could then delete all the body turn actions so I only have the complex head turn. It would be tedious to have to redo the head turn on it's own. Thx all
synthsin75

Re: Duplicating Smartbone with All its Actions

Post by synthsin75 »

After coping and pasting the bone, create an empty smart bone action for it. If the pasted bone is selected a new action will automatically be named the same. While editing the new action, right-click the original action and select Insert Copy. Both the original and new actions will have both bones keyframed, so delete the unnecessary keyframes from each action (the original bone keyframes from the copy and vice versa).
Last edited by synthsin75 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Yamori

Re: Duplicating Smartbone with All its Actions

Post by Little Yamori »

Thank You!!!

Instead of duplicating the Sb I just added a new one and inserted the copy by Rt clicking as you said on frame 1 and it worked!!!

Thx so much