I have an issue with actions and manipulate bone tool...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bold Studio

I have an issue with actions and manipulate bone tool...

Post by Bold Studio »

I made an action with with with a control bone to move my eye left and right
after testing it I had issues trying to get the action to work in the mainline but it eventually worked
Now when I create a new action for a different control bone to move my eye up and down, the manipulation bone tool is grayed out
When I go back to my left and right action, even though the manipulate bone movement was save, I am unable to edit that movement because the manipulate bone tool is grayed out.

I'm on frame zero... I'm stuck on a issue that should have been a quick fix...
synthsin75

Re: I have an issue with actions and manipulate bone tool...

Post by synthsin75 »

That's to be expected.

The manipulate bone tool is usually disabled in smart bone actions because it keyframes the whole IK chain. In smart bone actions, that means that all those bones can only be controlled by that smart bone, which is not usually what you want. You can still do it using the transform bone tool.

If you originally created a regular action, you could have used the manipulate bone tool, but once you rename it to match a bone (making it a smart bone action), the manipulate bone tools is disabled.
Bold Studio

Post by Bold Studio »

Okay so I deleted both actions, selected eye bone left right, click the bones file and click "make smart bone dial", uncheck the make negative and pressed okay, but still the manipulate tool is unavailable...
Bold Studio

Post by Bold Studio »

actually the dial is automatic... I don't know if my problem is solved but I'm continuing working...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

synthsin75 wrote:The manipulate bone tool is usually disabled in smart bone actions ...
Use the transform bones tool.