Bend Points Tool.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Xork

Bend Points Tool.

Post by Xork »

Hello Moho users, I am so high on this app! However, whilst selecting a group of triangulated points, (an upper lip in this case), I cannot implement the 'bend points' tool as it is greyed out. Therefore because I must select individual or smaller groups of points I am getting a less than ideally smooth smile on Xug. Please send experts, mercenaries or green alien women. Help!!! Image
synthsin75

Re: Bend Points Tool.

Post by synthsin75 »

That tool only grays out if there are no points selected in currently selected vector layer.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

For something like this, I normally use the Magnet tool. You can set the Magnet tool to move any points within the falloff range of the tool or to move only selected points. To adjust the Magnet range, Alt+Right-click drag. Either way, you can make the tool affect several points in an area of your drawing. I think using Magnet instead of Bend Points can help avoid that 'digital' look because the result will be less precisely symmetrical.

That said, I'm not sure why the Bend Point tools would be disabled in your example. I just made a triangulated shape and Bend Points is working here.

If you can upload and example, we might be able to figure this out. If you don't want to upload your artwork, make a generic version of the project. The project should only have enough data in it to demonstrate the problem accurately.

Edit: I just read Wes' reply. Yeah, that would do it. :)
Xork

Post by Xork »

With the triangulated points selected, the bend points tool is still greyed out. I dunno? Image
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That doesn't really help. The image only shows what you already described. Including the timeline or layers panel in the image might offer more clues about the setup or situation, but it would be better to upload a demo project file. For example, a project file will allow us to look for problems with the setup or actions that might be conflicting.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That picture doesn't show the bend points tool grayed out.
You probably aren't clicking and dragging far enough for the tool to start moving the points. Just keep dragging until you start to see the points move.
Xork

Post by Xork »

Your are right!! that was simple, phew!