Post picture in this forum

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

vealti

Post picture in this forum

Post by vealti »

So how do you actually post a picture on this site?
I can never get the Img function to work to post a pic.

I've tried Google drive, Google photos, random pics on the interent, even the TinyPic option has given me trouble! Post previews are always broken image icons.
synthsin75

Re: Post picture in this forum

Post by synthsin75 »

You need the location/link of the hosted image, and it must end in an image file extension, like png, jpeg, bmp, gif, etc..
If it doesn't end in an image file extension, you don't have the image's location.
Then place that link between the image tags: [img ][/img]
vealti

Post by vealti »

Ah, that's why the Google apps don't work. Their links are different. What is a good place to host pictures online that will allow you to link directly to for the purposes of posting here?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You may be able to right-click and View Image or there may be a "share" link to find the image's actual address in Google drive. Otherwise, there's plenty of image hosts, like TinyPic, PhotoBucket, etc..
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The Upload To TinyPic panel below the Reply window should work. I use it most of the time. Occasionally, it goes down but it will be back up shortly. You should give it another try.

To use it, after clicking Browse and selecting your file, you need to click Upload. Then you just click Add To Post and it will insert the image as an inline graphic. No need to format the code.

Sometimes TinyPic won't work here but works if you go to the actual hosting site. From there, just have the site generate code for you and copy/paste it to here.

For times when TinyPic is completely down and I really need to post an image like 'right now', I've been using Imgur, but there are many sites that work well with this forum.

Another option is to host the image or files yourself. I use DropBox for that. Just use the tooltip for proper formatting (hover over the 'Img' button to see the tooltip.)
vealti

Post by vealti »

Thanks everyone. I tried TinyPic again and it worked for me this time. I also checked out my Dropbox account, which also works. TinyPic is easier and resizes for me so I'll go with that with Dropbox as an option if needed.