Body turn..

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pinar

Body turn..

Post by pinar »

So I just did my first body turn - turned out better than I expected :mrgreen: - but I have a problem. I can manipulate all of the bones when the body turn is complete except two. There are no constraints on either. I'm very new to using smart bones so I don't know what to do. I figured someone here might have an idea 8)

Also, if there are any good tutorials about creating body turns, I'd appreciate if you can share the link. Thanks!
pa
Greenlaw

Re: Body turn..

Post by Greenlaw »

It's possible that the bones you can't move have been unintentionally keyframed inside an action. Select the bones in question, and go through each of your actions and to see if you have unwanted keyframes and delete them.

I think if a selected bone has keyframes in an action, the action's name will be highlighted. If that's not correct, you'll just have to look at all of them.*

Hope this helps.

(*I just checked and, yes, this is correct: the action name will be highlighted.)
pinar

Re: Body turn..

Post by pinar »

It seems the bones have no keyframes and are not included in any other actions. However, when I was trying to test the body turn, I realized they move as long as I'm not on frame 0. So that's half the problem solved. Well, it's all solved, but now I have another... The actions I assigned work perfectly in frame 0, but when I try to do them on the timeline, they go nuts. The body turn seems to be still working, but there's another that is combined with the body turn, like a pose when the body turns sideways. When I activate that action, each part of the body seems to go to their original places, and none of the keyframes for the points work.

I'm trying to set different poses when the body is in different positions (front/side/back), but maybe I should just do the body turn and switch layers for individual animations. Anyways... thank you for the keyframe advice :)
pa