Timeline visibility multiple selection

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Timeline visibility multiple selection

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:That said, I still want to see Layer Comps settings carry over to be able to easily turn Timeline Visibility off and on per character after import. This can make Timeline clutter with several characters in a project more manageable. (And perhaps more importantly, I want to preserve any special composting passes created in the master file.)
As I have time, I'm working on a layer comp importer. Looking good so far.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oo...that would be awesome Wes! If you like, I'll gladly test it out for you.
Jkoseattle

Post by Jkoseattle »

Here's another ask: A feature to follow layer visibility in timeline, so that toggling the visibility of a layer on the stage mirrors its timeline visibility.

Well, I just read that v13 is imminent, so this is either already done or a v14 thing.
Most of the time I'm doing music stuff. Check me out at http://www.jimofseattle.com/music.

Thing I did for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFYGqifLYw
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

So you want hiding layers in the layers window to animate visibility on the timeline?

Did you manage to get the other script installed?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

synthsin75 wrote:So you want hiding layers in the layers window to animate visibility on the timeline?
I hope not!! That's a seriously bad idea. I'll often turn layers invisible from the layers window at arbitrary points in the timeline to help me focus my attention on animating other layers. If doing that starts popping layer visibility keys into the timeline .... Argh.. Please - No!

A shortcut to the animated layer visibility property is fine - e.g. Right click context menu - but not using the "eyes".
Last edited by hayasidist on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I don't get it either. Even if he's requesting the layers window visibility follow the timeline keyframes, the layer icons already indicate that.
Jkoseattle

Post by Jkoseattle »

This would be a toggle-able thing. If I want to work on the giraffe on the trampoline, I make just those layers visible, and the timeline only has those two things. Then if I want to work on the copulating sword swallowers, making them visible in the palette also makes them visible in the timeline. You nay sayers could just not turn that mirroring feature on.
Most of the time I'm doing music stuff. Check me out at http://www.jimofseattle.com/music.

Thing I did for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFYGqifLYw
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Ah. Not animated layer visibility.

Not visible in layers window means not shown in timeline window. That makes sense. I'd go for that!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Jkoseattle wrote:This would be a toggle-able thing. If I want to work on the giraffe on the trampoline, I make just those layers visible, and the timeline only has those two things. Then if I want to work on the copulating sword swallowers, making them visible in the palette also makes them visible in the timeline. You nay sayers could just not turn that mirroring feature on.
If you create layer comps to show those layers, you can also enable timeline visibility by comp.