Suddenly generating so many extra keyframes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animas3D

Suddenly generating so many extra keyframes

Post by animas3D »

Hello,

Suddenly, as I am animating bones, Moho is creating many more keyframes which is causing difficulty.

Previously, if I keyframed a bone, one "red line" keyframe was made for the selected bone rotation. Now, not only are keyframes being made for bone rotation but also scale and rotation. Also, keyframes seem to be being made for all the bones!

What happened? perhaps I switched something on that is causing this to happen. Please see attached image.

By the way, I am not sure why the turquoise and green bone channels are showing up in the timeline. I did color two bones those colors to make it easier to see them. When you color bones, does that make them permanently appear in the timeline? I'd like to remove them. Should I just uncolor the bones?

Thank you for your help.

Joe

animas3D

Re: Suddenly generating so many extra keyframes

Post by animas3D »

Hmm. I think the problem had to do with "Auto Freeze Keyframes" being checked...
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You might also go into Timeline Channels and disable all Color Bones channels.

If you use a lot of color bones in a rig (like I do,) having Color Bone Channels enabled will clutter up the Timeline like crazy. I also believe that unnecessarily displaying all those Color Bones keyframes will gradually slow down Moho's UI performance. Many of the animators I work with also disable this feature for the same reasons.

Color Bone Channels have its uses but, IMO, only if you have a few color bones in your project. I personally don't think it's worth it.
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

Once again that is very useful information. Thanks much.