Help with Images and Z Layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ryanmatthewsmith13

Help with Images and Z Layer

Post by ryanmatthewsmith13 »

Hey there!

I'm using an image layer to serve as a texture for a vector layer I have. However, any time I move the top-most bone layer around, the texture slides a bit, trying to stick to presumably the center of the screen. I know this probably has to do with the Z-axis setting and maybe the "Immune to Depth of Field" layer setting. However, despite my fiddling, I can't seem to get the image to stay precisely in place and not be affected by the camera. I noticed I can select "Immune to Camera", but ONLY in the top-most layer. Is there a way to go about this for JUST the image texture layer?

Thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Help with Images and Z Layer

Post by synthsin75 »

Is the image texture masked or the fill effect? If it's a fill effect, you need enough bone strength (and perhaps regional binding) to keep it in place.
ryanmatthewsmith13

synthsin75 wrote:Is the image texture masked or the fill effect? If it's a fill effect, you need enough bone strength (and perhaps regional binding) to keep it in place.
It's masked. I hadn't even considered using the fill effect because I'm having to meticulously place the texture in the right positioning.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Make sure the image and bone layer are at the same z-depth, and if needed, scale the image layer instead of moving in on the z-axis.
ryanmatthewsmith13

As is the case most of the time I have an issue in this program, I was just missing something silly and obvious. I was only checking Z SCALE, and forgot to check Z position. Somehow the image layers ended up with a wonky z position, and resetting it to zero corrected all issues. Thanks for your replies!