Trying to add physics ?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Trying to add physics ?

Post by SuperSGL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 am

Two balloons in each group both in a Bone layer - One Target bone for all 4 balloons - 4 bones with dynamics at different strengths in each string - and one bone to each balloon for extra movement (no dynamics). I animated the target bone going up and down across the screen and added a little more rotation to the blue and yellow.
I tried to add Force Field to the Red & Green (again they are in their own folder) but any type of speed or magnitude sends them off screen and using '0' in these settings doesn't have any effect.
It actually looks pretty good the way it is but I was trying to add the balloons animating bouncing off each other. ? Anyway to accomplish this?
I was in the process of creating a clown character and came up with the idea to be carrying balloons.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren
chucky

Re: Trying to add physics ?

Post by chucky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:19 am

Sequential offender.
my latest animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm

I just saw this Thank You, Nicely done!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren
chucky

Post by chucky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 am

Cheers, I'm sure there are better ways of doing this entirely with physics, a tethered bone and inverted gravity, but I couldn't work that out( very rusty in the physics these days). Anyway I'm glad it was at least of some interest to you
Sequential offender.
my latest animations