Button for Making Rig/Layers Into Seperate Rig?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

Button for Making Rig/Layers Into Seperate Rig?

Post by TheMinahBird »

Is there a Moho feature where you edit a character a certain way (say you have a front view) and you change it up to look 3/4ths view with smart bones but then you want to capture that view as it’s own seperate layers/rig? That way you don’t have to use smart bones to shift a smooth face rig or body but you can just capture the position then use smart bones to flip through switch layers.

I don’t know if I’m making much sense and I’m sorry if I’m being confusing.

I feel like there is a technique like this but I don’t know about it. But if there isn’t thats fine I’ll just do it the old fashion way. :) Thanks for reading!
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Re: Button for Making Rig/Layers Into Seperate Rig?

Post by TheMinahBird »

https://youtu.be/9t9fX0B0Yoc

Wait I actually found a video for the method I’m trying to do! It’s manual but it’s exactly what I want. I guess I didn’t look hard enough. I wonder if there’s a faster way though to copy and paste multiple key frames though. That would make this method faster but you can’t have everything lol.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30520&p=177482&hil ... ng#p177482 So I discovered it's called baking! And it doesn't come with Moho but there are scripts for it. I feel like such a noob. *facepalm*
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for following up. I wasn't exactly sure what you were asking for but was intrigued and waiting for somebody to respond. Will check out the links later today.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi -- sorry for slow response -- we've been off air chillaxing away from technology for a week or so.

the bake script will deal with the vectors but won't try to realign the skeleton. I designed the script as a bridge between "bones" and FBF animation - e.g. you have a front view of a character with some head / body turn capability AND you already have a 3/4 view with similar capabilities - this was designed to bake the vectors at the end of the front view turn so they could go into an FBF sequence to transform to the start of the 3/4 view turn... and then switch between those 3 groups. But I am aware that the script has been put to other uses ….