How to get back flexi-bindin after release layer and points?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lusy

How to get back flexi-bindin after release layer and points?

Post by Lusy »

Greating everyone. Simple question How to get back flexi-binding after reales layer and points? When I work with bones and layers I always binding them with flexi-binding (menu "bone" - submenu "Use selected bones flexi-binding (ctrl+shift+F (on Windows OS)) ") when selected all points of layer and bones that what I need. But sometimes I use just tool button "bind points (i)" after flexi-binding and sometimes I made mistakes with some points and I want to get it back before to flexi-binding again only without "bind points" tool. But when I decided to press "realese all layers and points" menu (menu "bone" - submenu "release all layers and points"), and then I selected bones and points that I need and did flexi-binding procedure again, points don't move :?: . why they don't move? So my question is: How to get back flexi-binding after release layer and points?
synthsin75

Re: How to get back flexi-bindin after release layer and poi

Post by synthsin75 »

Lusy wrote:Greating everyone. Simple question How to get back flexi-binding after reales layer and points? When I work with bones and layers I always binding them with flexi-binding (menu "bone" - submenu "Use selected bones flexi-binding (ctrl+shift+F (on Windows OS)) ") when selected all points of layer and bones that what I need. But sometimes I use just tool button "bind points (i)" after flexi-binding and sometimes I made mistakes with some points and I want to get it back before to flexi-binding again only without "bind points" tool. But when I decided to press "realese all layers and points" menu (menu "bone" - submenu "release all layers and points"), and then I selected bones and points that I need and did flexi-binding procedure again, points don't move :?: . why they don't move? So my question is: How to get back flexi-binding after release layer and points?
Bone>Reset All Bone Rigging will restore the default flexi-binding.

To restore some points to flexi-binding after point binding, just select all bones, select the points to flexi-bind, and use Bone>Flexi-Bind Points.
Greenlaw

Re: How to get back flexi-bindin after release layer and poi

Post by Greenlaw »

Just adding to the above: if you don't want to reset the entire rig, select the troublesome layer(s) before using Reset All Rigging. Selecting the 'broken' layer(s) first will reset only the selected layer(s) to Flexi-binding and leave alone the binding for non-selected layers.

This is important if you've completed a lot of rigging for the character that you wish to keep. If you don't select any layers, Moho will assume you're starting over and reset the binding for all layers in your rig, which could really suck. :)