Anime Studio Pro - few questions for a start

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: Anime Studio Pro - few questions for a start

Post by hayasidist »

kamiledi15 wrote:When I assign bones to objects, some of them rotate correctly, and some don't. I have no idea, why.
to add to the info from Greenlaw - sometimes you can get a bone rotating the "long / wrong way" between what you think is 0 and 45 degrees because the 0 is actually stored as 360 and the 45 is stored as such (and not as 405). I've noticed this happen when I re-work the bone chain - e.g. adding an intermediate bone / reparenting etc... I'll note that in Schowek-10(2).png there is bone reparenting shown on bone in the orange segment. The remedy is relatively easy if you monitor the actual angles when using the transform bone tool.
kamiledi15

Post by kamiledi15 »

Thanks. I still have some problems and sometimes I need to correct the movement frame by frame, but I keep going :)
mrc

Post by mrc »

Greenlaw wrote: There is a significant limitation to be aware of: you can only use two bones in a Smooth Joint. However, if you really need to use more than one, like in the elbow and wrist joints, Victor Paredes explains a clever workaround elsewhere in these forums.
Excellent animation (and rigging) there, Greenlaw. Did you use this workaround for the arms and legs in this case?

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks!

The technique is more appropriate when you have painted detail in the joint area. For Thighsander, It wasn't necessary at the wrist because the hand and lower arm are separate elements and have a solid color at the wrist joint region. I just made sure the rotation area in the wrist was aligned for all the hand poses. I think that was true for Puss too. Smooth Joint was perfect for their elbows though.

BTW, here's the link to Victor's video explaining his trick for using Smooth Joint with more than two bones:

Smooth Joint for several bones - Anime Studio 10 tutorial
kamiledi15

Post by kamiledi15 »

Hi,
one more question - when I move an object to make an animation, in which it flies somewhere, at the beginning of the movement it gains speed and at the end it decelerates. When it's a bullet, it can't look like that. How to make it move with constant speed?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

kamiledi15 wrote:Hi,
one more question - when I move an object to make an animation, in which it flies somewhere, at the beginning of the movement it gains speed and at the end it decelerates. When it's a bullet, it can't look like that. How to make it move with constant speed?
sounds as though you've got "smooth" interpolation -- "linear" will do what you ask
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You need to set the interpolation mode of the starting keyframe to linear, that will give you a constant speed until the next keyframe.

Note the interpolation mode affects the motion curve after the keyframe, not before it. The one exception is Smooth, which adjusts its outgoing curve by considering the incoming curve (thus called 'smooth'.)

Normally, the above is all you need, but if the bullet has an irregular path and you really need to control its speed along that path, you might consider using Follow Path, maybe with an SBD.
kamiledi15

Post by kamiledi15 »

Thanks, it worked.