Quick Freeze layer or camera?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Quick Freeze layer or camera?

Post by strider2000 »

I'm guessing that this is pretty simple and I just haven't found it or maybe someone has created a script for it, but is there a quick easy way to freeze all of the layer transform operations and the camera operations (mainly pan and zoom)?

Most of my animation will consist of bone movements and layer visibility changes, but then, after I've animated quite a bit, I might decide to do a camera movement or a layer movement or flip. Of course, before I can start the movement I need to create a key frame for whatever operations I'm wanting to apply.

All of the approaches I know of either involve 1) a lot of clicks (like Animation | Copy current frame, but that doesn't work for camera operations) 2) add unwanted key frames (add keyframe) 3) fiddly clicking (right click, select add key frame for each channel) 4) error prone clicking (click on the background to create a key frame for translation, scaling and rotation ... opps ... didn't mean to actually move it :( or 5) scrolling around the timeline a lot (go back to find the key frame and copy it, or set it to step).

I'm just wondering if there is something as simple as ctrl-F, but just for layer transforms and camera moves.

I'm thinking that right clicking on the timeline channel is the easiest.

Thanks for any help.
strider2000

Re: Quick Freeze layer or camera?

Post by strider2000 »

Well. I just went ahead and wrote a script for that. It was easier for me than finding an existing answer, but if there was already a way to do it I'd like to know :)