Move a head turn from Mainline to Smartbone?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Move a head turn from Mainline to Smartbone?

Post by Greenlaw »

SpaceBoy64 wrote:But that's not to say I wouldn't want to improve my technique.
But of course!
I used to work heavily in Lightwave 3D. Not sure if that would have been the solution here, but I'd like know to what's possible and what's not.
Hey, fellow LightWaver! I could have added LightWave to the list of tools mentioned above; we regularly use LW to create 3D animations and fx for our 2D scenes. :)
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Greenlaw wrote: Hey, fellow LightWaver! I could have added LightWave to the list of tools mentioned above; we regularly use LW to create 3D animations and fx for our 2D scenes. :)
Great! That could be a good new topic for discussion. I'd love to see your examples. I have used it with Anime Studio mostly to create backgrounds, or to do something that seemed easier to do with lightwave.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

SpaceBoy64 wrote:Great! That could be a good new topic for discussion. I'd love to see your examples. I have used it with Anime Studio mostly to create backgrounds, or to do something that seemed easier to do with lightwave.
Sure. I've been using LightWave since 1998 or so, and over the years, I've used it in tons of movies, TV shows, commercials and video game cinematics. If you go to my website, check out my Rhythm & Hues and The Asylum reels. Almost everything is LightWave on those reels. One of my favorite LightWave creations is the chainsaw scene from Sharknado 2...I only had about 2 days to create that shot, and I don't think I could have done it so quickly using another 3D program. For cel-shaded stuff, the R+H reel has some stuff I created for a Nissan short film we made back in 2001. All my personal short films have LightWave in them.

As for Moho combos, my short film Scareplane has LightWave animations integrated with Moho animations. And on my Dreamworks demo reel, LightWave was used in the psychedelic AHKJ sequence and the 'flat' Puss In Boots shot at the end. I also used LightWave in the last couple of seasons of Dawn of the Croods for cel-shaded creature effects. (I haven't cut that footage in a demo reel yet but will put on my next one.)

Right now I'm working on a brand new 3D short using LighWave 2018. No cel-shading in this one, but I'll use cel-shading along with Moho in a future project.

I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day. :)
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Greenlaw wrote:I've been using LightWave since 1998 or so, and over the years, I've used it in tons of movies, TV shows, commercials and video game cinematics.
Greenlaw wrote:One of my favorite LightWave creations is the chainsaw scene from Sharknado 2...I only had about 2 days to create that shot,
Great work!
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Greenlaw wrote: "Perfection would be nice but done is better." :)
:lol: love that quote!! :lol:
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations