Duplicate rigged arm?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Retrovertigo

Duplicate rigged arm?

Post by Retrovertigo »

Hi all. I'm very new to Moho and I haven't been able to work this out yet.

Let's say I'm rigging a stickman-type character. I've got an arm in a vector layer, and its bones in a bone layer and I've done the actions so it deforms properly. So far so good. Now the other arm is exactly the same, the only thing that changes is its position (obviously). But if I select the bones and Copy/paste them I get a "referenced" copy (within the same bone layer). So the question is: Is there a way to duplicate the bones (and actions) and re bind them to the new vector arm layer (which will be identical as the first arm)?
I hope I explained myself properly.
Thanks!
slowtiger

Re: Duplicate rigged arm?

Post by slowtiger »

Easiest way is to duplicate the arm bone layer with everything inside and flip it.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Retrovertigo

Re: Duplicate rigged arm?

Post by Retrovertigo »

Thanks for your reply, but I probably haven't explained myself properly. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to duplicate a rigged arm (not flipping it) after I've created the actions for it to deform properly (keeping the bones in the same layer, but the vectors in separate layers).
I think the problem lies with the actions. When I copy and paste the bones, even after re-binding to the new layer, the actions don't affect the copy (logically I guess). Now at some point I managed to somehow "bake" the actions I created to deform the vector layer, so even if I delete the actions from the Actions list, the proper deformations are still there. In that case I can easily copy the arm and bones and have two independant copies. The problem is that I have no idea how I achieved that!
Can anyone help me out with this or point me towards a tutorial please?!

Thanks