How to turn off Auto-Sync

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Leon13DM

How to turn off Auto-Sync

Post by Leon13DM »

Okay, so in the latest version of Moho I have, they seem to have implemented a form of Phrase recognition, similar to the one papagyo (or whatever it's called) used. As such, the software has "assigned" the layers inside the mouth switch to certain sounds.

Normally, I'd be okay with this. However, I have yet to set up the different mouth shapes to accommodate this, instead the layers are just a simple "open and close mouth" animation. I also have no idea how to assign them to different sounds, if Moho is even capable of this.

The problem I'm having is that when I added Audio to my current project, the character's mouth almost never closes, except for one frame near the end, which is why I thought there was some kind of sound recognition program. Before this project, the switch just went from up to down through all of the layers for the simple "Open and close" animation. I don't know why it's doing this. Does anyone know what is causing this? And if so, How do I turn it off?
Tsongo

Re: How to turn off Auto-Sync

Post by Tsongo »

I don't know why it did this as I have to manually assign a switch layer to a sound file in my version (10) but couldn't you just go through the mouth layer animations and delete all the dots, then when you've got your mouth shapes ready go to the switch layer bit and select auto sync with the sound file ?
Leon13DM

Post by Leon13DM »

I already selected the option that syncs the Mouth with the audio. I just don't know why it's ignoring the "closed mouth" vector.
Tsongo

Post by Tsongo »

Is the closed one at the bottom of the list ?

If it isn't I think you'll have to erase the mouth animations and re sync them when they're in the right order.
Leon13DM

Post by Leon13DM »

I moved the "Closed" layer to the bottom and now it's working. Thanks for the advice.