How do I render my animation?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bubbelish dan

How do I render my animation?

Post by bubbelish dan »

I have searched all over the internaet and i found a few posts where they mension the word "reneder" but i haven't understood how to render. You see, i have used Adobe primier pro and i have been pressing ENTER to render. I guess not anymore... Plz help...
slowtiger

Re: How do I render my animation?

Post by slowtiger »

Cmd-E for export.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
bubbelish dan

Post by bubbelish dan »

slowtiger wrote:Cmd-E for export.
isn't that to export? I don't want to export it yet... It's just that there is so many things and it is very laggy :|
Tsongo

Post by Tsongo »

To save on computer memory if you click the file tab and go to export animation a box comes up with different types of output formats. You could export your background as a one frame PNG file and bring it back as an image to save on cluttering up your animation with loads of layers that don't move. Then delete the finished layers and carry on from there with less lag.

Save it with a different name first that way you can return to the originals to adjust things because you can't easily adjust an image.

You can also render from the render window by pressing Ctrl R and selecting an option at the bottom. I only learnt this yesterday but it's a lot easier and means you can see exactly what you're exporting.

There are all sorts of options for screen size and effects in the project settings which you access from the file tab too.

If you want to render your complete animation just go to export animation and select something like MP4 and it'll save it as a film.

If you don't want to do any of that yet making the layers invisible might help with performance.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ctrl-Shift-R will preview the animation for you. Sounds like you need to take a look through the manual (Help | Help).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Tsongo

Post by Tsongo »

The original poster doesn't want to preview it he wants to render it, but I think he might mean to fix it all in one place. I've used a toolset for making games and when you were making an area you had to bake ( render ) to fix all the points and sort out the walk meshes and things like that. This would help performance of your computer because it didn't have to worry about what a lot of things were doing as they became more like a background and only the interactive parts were active.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It would be interesting if the original poster could explain the difference between an export and a render.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
bubbelish dan

Post by bubbelish dan »

jahnocli wrote:It would be interesting if the original poster could explain the difference between an export and a render.

As I understand and by primier pro logic, exporting is like saving the frame or the animation as a AVI/MP4/Any other video file. Rendering is rendering all the effects, and saving all of that in to a cashed file.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

in premiere, the preview gives you a good idea of what the final output will be. But you can render to a cached file to improve the preview playback - that's the "press enter"; and exporting the final video file is, as you say, "export". The "missing link" is that the Exporter also has to do Renders to create the video file.

In Moho the preview ("display") quality can be set to show (e.g.) fills or not etc - but it doesn't faithfully show things such as complex masking effects. In Moho, as has already been said by others here, you can do a render to see one frame (ctrl-R), the video (ctrl-shift-R), or you can export the whole video (ctrl-E) which will render each frame and create the video or image sequence. Take a look at the Moho manual under "Export Animation" (page 407-410 for Moho 12) - that describes the export and render options.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I like to use the Moho Exporter because it renders in the background. This means you can render with it and keep working on scenes in Moho. Very useful if you have 'slow' renders or when you need to render many layer comps or different scenes, and you don't want to wait around or babysit the renders.

The Moho Exporter shortcut is Ctrl-B.