Object Points Rotation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaucho

Object Points Rotation

Post by Gaucho »

Hello everybody,
I did a rotation of a star with and without a bone.
The first method changed its scale and the second seems more reliable, but...
Is there a way to rotate an object with points rotation only (no bone) without distortion?
Thank you for any suggestion!
Cheers!
hayasidist

Re: Object Points Rotation

Post by hayasidist »

it's fiddly but Bezier interpolation works (default is a straight line between start and end positions - and that gives the "scaling" effect). Or put "many" intermediate positions so that the visible difference between spatial interpolation along a chord, rather than the desired arc, is minimal. Usually best if (temporal) interpolation is linear. Or (easiest IMO) put the shape in its own layer - set the origin to the mid point of the shape and rotate the layer.
Gaucho

Re: Object Points Rotation

Post by Gaucho »

hayasidist wrote:it's fiddly but Bezier interpolation works (default is a straight line between start and end positions - and that gives the "scaling" effect). Or put "many" intermediate positions so that the visible difference between spatial interpolation along a chord, rather than the desired arc, is minimal. Usually best if (temporal) interpolation is linear. Or (easiest IMO) put the shape in its own layer - set the origin to the mid point of the shape and rotate the layer.
Thank you Hayasidist!
I found not very easy to adjust the Bezier interpolation even when it offers many possibilities.
Also I tried the addition of intermediate positions and adjusted them using onion skin frames as references.
The most practical and accurate was to rotate the layer as you suggested.
Thanks again!