Another question: how to recover/replace image sequences?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

WakkoCat

Another question: how to recover/replace image sequences?

Post by WakkoCat »

After I've created an short animation, with some image sequences already linked to paths and going about endlessly - i.e., the flying lips opening and closing indefinitely - and had saved all in Moho and then closed it up, I made a mistake; I moved the images I used in the animation to another folder. Later, when I opened Moho again to make some minor changes, I was told it is missing a few files and need to locate them. But the result is, after I've located the images in the folder I've moved them to, they are no longer "animated" - they just go around as a single image on each path instead of sequences like they were supposed to. I've tried to find a way to select all the images in a folder, but Moho would only let me select one.

So how do I get the sequence back? Or replace them?

Thanks again~
Greenlaw

Re: Another question: how to recover/replace image sequence

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh! Yeah, that's an annoying bug. It seems to forget that it's an Image Sequence layer and not an Image Layer.

Here are two annoying fixes you can try.

1. Right-click on the Image Layer and select Group with Selection.
2. Use the Follow Path tool to connect the group to the path. (Just click the path at frame 0, don't animate it.)
3. Copy the keyframes from the Image layer to the group at frame 0.
4. Import the Image Sequence to the Group and delete the Image layer.

Now the group follows the path and anything inside the group will move with the group. If the Image Sequence layer gets broken again, you can just import a new one to the group and it will still follow the path.

Alternatively, you can copy and paste the Follow Path keys directly to a newly imported Image Sequence layer. Either method should work but I think using the Group version may cover you better in case this gets broken again, or if you wish to replace the sequence to something else later.
WakkoCat

Re: Another question: how to recover/replace image sequence

Post by WakkoCat »

Thank you very much! It takes a few tries before I finally got it. Thanks again~