Rotating particle object ?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

uncle808us

Rotating particle object ?

Post by uncle808us »

Anime Studio Pro Ver.11.2.1 MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
Hi I did a google search for "anime studio pro 11 rotating particles" but found nothing explaining how to rotate a particle object. I also have my settings for particles set at orient particles but they stay in the same position. I would like to have the particles rotate at different positions so it looks more like random falling with some air resistance other than falling in a vacuum. Is this possible? If so how do I
"make it so"?
to quote Paccard.. :lol:
Thank you. Image
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
Greenlaw

Re: Rotating particle object ?

Post by Greenlaw »

Sure, it's easy:

Make sure the origin of art layer is in the center of the artwork, then duplicate that layer a few times. (Just make two or three for now so you can see how this works. You can make more later if you want.)

For each layer, go forward to frame 48 and animate the rotation 360-degrees. You can vary the rotation direction of each layer--make some clockwise, some counter clock-wise.

Vary the rotation speed of each by moving the keyframe shorter or longer than 48. Set this keyframe's Interpolation to Cycle so the animation loops. (Right-click on the keyframe to change the mode.)

Click on the Particle Group and play.

This setup will help 'randomize' the sprite animation for the emitter. If you did the above correctly, the bills should rotate in different directions and at different speeds.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

for example -- make a few copies of the "dollar bill" layer in the particle group and animate layer rotation - each layer differently: variously use the (z) layer rotation in the transform layer tool and the x/y rotation tool. That's the principle here in the "shatter" around the 14 second mark: https://youtu.be/FAc1rpfxAz8?t=13 - it's all over in a few frames but al the bits spin differently. Say if you want to see the actual shatter in slo-mo!

[Edit -- sorry - cross post!]
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Perfect. Thanks for the lesson. I learned.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

And if you want to get fancy, in the keyframe animation you can roll the bills forward/backward in 3D space.