Is there a way to move a bone on frame zero

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lh123

Is there a way to move a bone on frame zero

Post by Lh123 »

Is there a way to move a bone and the layer that it's binded to simultaneously on frame zero? There are lots of times when I wanna move the position of a limb on frame zero but hate having to move the bone to perfectly match up to the new position of the limb. Maybe there isn't a way to do that, but it would make things a lot easier. Thanks for your help.
Greenlaw

Re: Is there a way to move a bone on frame zero

Post by Greenlaw »

Since Frame 0 is the setup frame, you'll have to position the bones and art separately. If the art has many layers, you can move all the layers at once or just move the group they're in. (I tend to use a lot of groups in my rigs just for this purpose.)

What I also like to do is roughly trace the position of the bones and art in a separate layer using Freehand (or make a screencap image,) and offset it to where I want it to be. Then, I can use this as a reference for positioning the actual layers and bones.

That reminds me: Now that we have paste image from clipboard in 12.3, you can make a quick regional screencap using something like Snipping Tool, and then paste it back into Moho as an image layer. The only issue is that the scale might be different from the screen but that's easy to correct. Other than that, this trick works well for making quick reference images inside of Moho.

Anway, I agree, it would be helpful if we could move layers/groups and selected bones at the same time. Currently, this is not possible because we can only select one type of item to transform at a time.
Lh123

Post by Lh123 »

Ah okay, well that's not too great then. Hopefully that's a feature they have planned for an update or new release. But if that's the case, is there any way to setup the arrow keys (or any keys) to move a shape or bone in tiny increments by the tap. If that's somehow possible, I could move a bone and the shape under it to match up perfectly with ease. Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks so much for your help.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sure, hold CTRL and then nudge with arrows. This works for any type of Moho item--bones, layers or points.
Lh123

Post by Lh123 »

Thanks so much, I wasn't sure if there was a way to do that. I really appreciate it!