Well, I have basic question about motion speed

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sefrautic

Well, I have basic question about motion speed

Post by Sefrautic »

Hello there! I can't find analog of Animate CC's "Add Ease" button in Moho 12.

"Add Ease" in Animate CC

I know that I can change interpolation mode of points to "Bezier" BUT as you know there will be 3 curves that represents positon of object in 3 axes.
When object is moving along one axis there is no problem to deal with what I desire.

Moving object by the X axis

But if I want him to move diagonally I will face this problem.

Nothing surprising, it's works as it should

So, how can I reach that simplest thing in Moho? How can I force my object to move by straight diagonal line with ability to speed up and slow down by one curve like this?

Animate CC's "Add Ease" curve

Thanks for reading! Hope for answers.
slowtiger

Re: Well, I have basic question about motion speed

Post by slowtiger »

You need to create keyframes at every point where the speed changes.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Sefrautic

Post by Sefrautic »

slowtiger wrote:You need to create keyframes at every point where the speed changes.
Thanks, but you didn't even say what interpolation mode i need to use to reach described result
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If you're just trying to ease in and out, the default Smooth mode does a pretty good job. If you need bigger curve, use Ease In/Out.

If you want to use Bezier to control velocity along the path using Transform Layer, I'm not sure you can do that directly in Moho. But there are a couple of other ways to handle that:

1. Make a path in another layer, then use Follow Path to link the layer to the path. You can then use Bezier interpolation to control the speed of the shape along the path.

2. Or, you can link the animation to a Smart Bone Dial, and then use Bezier to control the rotation of the dial.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I had an issue like this a long time ago -- so I wrote a script for it: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5&#p162945 It's not been updated for Moho 12 yet - will do if there's interest - but I think it should work with 12.
Sefrautic

Post by Sefrautic »

Thanks for advice, Greenlaw, I think I'll be using paths method. It's sad that Moho dont have such functionality like Animate. Of course It's possible to reach this in ASP but for example if I need to make resizing animation I will see the same 3 XYZ curves when I need only one that controlls them all. Of course I can make it through Smart Bone Dial (the only way), but I need a new action everytime. Anyway I hope that this function will be added in next releases
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Um --Paul just supplied a link to a script which may help you; if you're not interested, it would be good netiquette to at least acknowledge it...Asking for help and then ignoring it is a sure-fire way to deter people from helping you next time.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Sefrautic

Post by Sefrautic »

jahnocli wrote:Um --Paul just supplied a link to a script which may help you; if you're not interested, it would be good netiquette to at least acknowledge it...Asking for help and then ignoring it is a sure-fire way to deter people from helping you next time.
Oh, sorry for that, when I started writing my answer to Greenlaw there was no hayasidist's post yet and when I submitted mine I immediately left the site without looking what is above my post.
hayasidist wrote:I had an issue like this a long time ago -- so I wrote a script for it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25384&p=162945&#p162945 It's not been updated for Moho 12 yet - will do if there's interest - but I think it should work with 12.
I read your topic, installed script and tried it out. However method with path suggested by Greenlaw is better for me because It has ability of drawing the actual Bezier curves, just like in Animate, besides the necessity of creation separate path layer..
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@Sefrautic no problem ... and no offence taken.
herve

Post by herve »

hayasidist wrote:I had an issue like this a long time ago -- so I wrote a script for it: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5&#p162945 It's not been updated for Moho 12 yet - will do if there's interest - but I think it should work with 12.
YES THE SCRIPT MOHO 12 WILL BE A GREAT HELP
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

herve wrote:YES THE SCRIPT MOHO 12 WILL BE A GREAT HELP
no need to shout!

OK. Scheduled for end Q1/2018

[edit] done (ahead of planned time!) http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 27#p180927