bending an object with follow path tool..

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

bending an object with follow path tool..

Post by cabbage0896 »

Much frustration with this and I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I here a response but I am unable to bend an object (a vector layer) to follow a path. The rotation to follow a curve works fine but it won't bend when pressing the ALT key. I am trying to emulate Mr. Paredes ocean wave and the first step is a follow path which is not working for me. I have two layers: a path (above the object) and a simple object. With the object layer selected I select the follow path tool, press alt and select the path at frame 120 (the path shows up) and no result. I feel stupid what am I missing?is this a frame 1 thing?I'm sure it's simple to you all please don't waste to much time on this one. Thanks. A good tutorial on this matter would be beneficial, is there one?
jahnocli

Re: bending an object with follow path tool..

Post by jahnocli »

Here's a Path Tool tutorial: Follow Path. Don't know if it's what you want, but it might help...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Greenlaw

Re: bending an object with follow path tool..

Post by Greenlaw »

In general, you need to be on frame 0 for rigging setups.

I don't think Follow Path is meant to bind a layer at a frame later than 0. On a later frame, the tool is used to set the position along the path you want that layer to be at that frame. But of course, the layer needs to be bound using Follow Path at frame 0 before you can do that.

Also, pay attention to the orientation of the artwork and where its origin is. That can affect how well this tool works.