Exporting + rig problem after adding action

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kooobus

Exporting + rig problem after adding action

Post by kooobus »

Hello there,

Currently I am struggling with some issues in AS and didn't wanted to make separated topics.
I would be glad if you could help me with those a bit annoying inconveniences.

1) I wanted to export my animation to MP4 file, unfortunately color scheme changes slightly after rendering is completed. So I decided to export it to SWF file then to MP4 and it worked pretty well, but I noticed that line width came back to the default setting. Also layer effects I applied, weren't rendered. Is there any way to avoid that from happening?

2) Other thing came up to me when I tried to add new action to existing and partly animated rig. After creating new action, rig broke separating all body parts of my character.

Hope you can help me in that matter, it sounds like small things but they can truly disrupt my work :D

Cheers!
jahnocli

Re: Exporting + rig problem after adding action

Post by jahnocli »

When you export to swf, various qualities are not included. If memory serves me correctly, line width is one of these. These export restrictions are listed in the manual.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

1: make sure you have checked the "variable line width" ckeckbox in the SWF export dialogue. BUT beware -- see the manual "Exporting Flash" (you say "AS" -- are you on AS11??)

2: probably you have conflicting animations in the action and in mainline - without seeing the file it's hard to be more precise - but one good way to confuse the system is to key point motion in an action and have the points moving in mainline ...
kooobus

Post by kooobus »

Thank you for quick response,

I admit I didn't read manual for AS and probably I could have learned many new things from it.
My version is AS 10 Pro, and yes there is an option allowing to include stroke width during exporting to SWF file. I wonder if there is possibility to fix problem with changed color scheme after exporting to MP4?

if you are curious you can check file here.

Once again thanks,

Cheers!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

that file seems to be working! There is a slight colour shift when I export to .mp4 here, but the colours are faithful when exporting to .png-- Try this for colours: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mp4+colours+wrong