Object Becomes Transparent While Exporting?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matoran

Object Becomes Transparent While Exporting?

Post by Matoran »

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with Anime Studio Debut that I don't think I've ever experienced before. Just so you know, I'm using Debut 8, and all the files are imported PNGs.
I was doing little tests (just a few seconds), and when I export the videos, the character becomes darker and his face becomes a little transparent. This is awfully annoying, and I don't know what it is that's causing it. In the first couple of videos, it was only the transparency that was a problem, but then they began to darken. Now they'll usually become transparent and darken a second of two after video starts.

If you have any suggestions, or ideas as to what's causing this, please let me know. Thank you.
synthsin75

Re: Object Becomes Transparent While Exporting?

Post by synthsin75 »

If there are no keyframes on the layer, check the group/s it's in.
Matoran

Post by Matoran »

synthsin75 wrote:If there are no keyframes on the layer, check the group/s it's in.
I guess there are keyframes, as switch layers are being used. Sorry, is that what you meant?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Look at the entire time line for a key that you added, but didn't delete and now it's effecting the animation.

Dale
Matoran

Post by Matoran »

dueyftw wrote:Look at the entire time line for a key that you added, but didn't delete and now it's effecting the animation.

Dale
Thank you for the suggestion. However, it's happened a couple of times with the same character imported into different Anime Studio files. It's either the drawing software I'm using, or something with Anime Studio. Or both.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just wondering, are you using Styles? It's possible to keyframe a property in Styles but you won't see the keys on the timeline until you select that Style in the Styles palette.

Same goes for Smart Bone Actions...if the Style animation keys are inside the Action, you'll need to edit/remove the keys there. Actually, this goes for any Layer properties too (like Transparency,)...if the keys are inside the Action, won't see them on the Mainline, and you'll need to remove them from the Action.

Another thing to consider: if you're using a shading Effect (like Gradient, for example) you won't see the keys at all if they're inside a custom Style. Fortunately, there's a neat trick workaround for accessing the keys and fixing them here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28285&hilit=can%27 ... +in+effect

I don't know if any of this applies to your scene but I hope it helps.
Matoran

Post by Matoran »

Greenlaw wrote:Just wondering, are you using Styles? It's possible to keyframe a property in Styles but you won't see the keys on the timeline until you select that Style in the Styles palette.

Same goes for Smart Bone Actions...if the Style animation keys are inside the Action, you'll need to edit/remove the keys there. Actually, this goes for any Layer properties too (like Transparency,)...if the keys are inside the Action, won't see them on the Mainline, and you'll need to remove them from the Action.

Another thing to consider: if you're using a shading Effect (like Gradient, for example) you won't see the keys at all if they're inside a custom Style. Fortunately, there's a neat trick workaround for accessing the keys and fixing them here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28285&hilit=can%27 ... +in+effect

I don't know if any of this applies to your scene but I hope it helps.
Sorry for the late reply!

No, I'm not using styles. I'm just importing PNG. files that I made in Sketchbook Pro. And thank you for the suggestion; I was considering whether that could be the case, but it can't be, since it wasn't an issue at first, but later appeared. And I don't think I changed anything later on.

I spoke with someone at AutoDesk (Sketchbook) about the issue, and I believe it's Sketchbook that's the problem, not Anime. But I thank you for the rely! Really appreciate it.