Selecting layers shortcut

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zingaro

Selecting layers shortcut

Post by zingaro »

Is there a keyboard shortcut to select/switch layers directly in the canvas without having to go on the layers panel? thanks!
Greenlaw

Re: Selecting layers shortcut

Post by Greenlaw »

No but if you Alt right-click on the art, it will select the layer in the layers panel. I use this all the time.

For Switch Layers, there's another trick that usually works: Shift-Alt right-click. This selects the group that the art belongs to. If your Switch Layer contains only vector/image layers, then this will select the Switch Layer. However, if the Switch Layer contains Groups, then it will only go as far as the group the art belongs to. Still, that makes it a little easier to find the Switch Layer.

BTW, most of the time, I prefer to tie the Switch to an SBD. This way the keyframes remain on the Bone layer, and I don't have to drill down the hierarchy to find my Switch Layer keyframes. If you use Copy Previous with Step Interpolation set for the SBD's zero key, you can switch non-linearly between the drawings this way.
zingaro

Post by zingaro »

very helpful, thanks so much!
Penny

Post by Penny »

I know it's an old thread but the better one to add this tip I discovered recently. It's incredible how many hidden tricks there are in Moho, after years using It...

You can directly select the switch layer you want to use with CTRL+ALT+Right Click

Cool :)
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago