Item Holding Problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Leon13DM

Item Holding Problem

Post by Leon13DM »

Okay, so I followed so advice from another topic (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30149&p=171763&hil ... ng#p171763) about holding items. It didn't work at first, but for some odd reason it did, for a while. I parented it to the character's hand.

When I got to the point when I needed the character to drop it, I simply clicked with the "Reparent Bone" tool selected, on the background with no bones present and it stayed there for a short duration. This was part of an "Action" that I organized. However, the Reparent Bone icon on the Timeline ended before the rest of the action and the item was suddenly flung across the screen. I discovered that it was suddenly reparented to the hand again and moved along with it, albeit very far away from it. I was wondering if anyone could figure out why it did this.

Moho really doesn't feel like it's fit for doing these "holding/ and Dropping Items", because it feels like it's about to explode whenever you try to do one of the many complex methods to do it. You'd think they'd make an actual tool dedicated to it.