Blinking

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

scrat7

Blinking

Post by scrat7 »

Can someone help me in how to copy the keysto make the character blink during an animation? (so that it adjust to the particular frames where new type of movement is already introduced to the character, for ex. he is jumping, and I'd like him to blink while making the jump). ?
Thank you :D
will_f

Re: Blinking

Post by will_f »

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know how to copy and paste points from one spot on the timeline to another spot, yes? That is, you've already made the character blink once, and now you want him to do it again, somewhere else on the timeline?

1. Select the points you wish to copy.

2. Press ctrl-c

3. Move the timeline pointer to the spot on the timeline where you wish the new blink to occur.

4. Press ctrl-v
scrat7

Post by scrat7 »

Actually I did not, but the keys for blinking are pre-given, so I guess I just need to select the layers in the right order and then paste it to the frames timeline to a new layer beneath the movement layer?
(Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I've never learnt this programme, and trying to find out everything from tutorials :wink: )
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Animation on a computer that repeats requires three key frames. One at the start, one to the motion you want and one to return to the start position. The first and last is copies of each other. Once you have the three keys you now can copy them in the time line to repeat the action.

Dale