Actions for Camera Movements

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

orsongalore

Actions for Camera Movements

Post by orsongalore »

Can you use actions for camera movements?

I have been trying to make actions to set a variety of default camera positions. When I'm in the action timeline, all the camera moves I make just end up in the main timeline with all the movements I make (except for track) being invisible to me until I exit the action.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, before I give up on automating camera movements.
Greenlaw

Re: Actions for Camera Movements

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't think you can do that. Definitely not in SBD Actions and I don't think it works in regular actions either.

What you can do is save out camera motion keys and import them to reuse later. Hayasidist wrote a handy script for this and posted a link for it here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26012&p=146418&hili ... pt#p146418

FYI, I haven't tried it with Moho 12. If you get a chance, post your experience in that thread.

You can, of course, just open two project files and copy/paste camera keys across projects. Admittedly that's a little 'clunky' but it works. Hayasidist's camera script streamlines this process.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orsongalore

Post by orsongalore »

Thanks, Greenlaw. Did a quick test in Moho 12.0 and it seemed to work like a charm.

Greenlaw wrote:
What you can do is save out camera motion keys and import them to reuse later. Hayasidist wrote a handy script for this and posted a link for it here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26012&p=146418&hili ... pt#p146418

FYI, I haven't tried it with Moho 12. If you get a chance, post your experience in that thread.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad that works for you, and thanks for letting me know it works in 12. :)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi -- just noticed this thread -- a word of caution for Moho 12 users -- the camkeys scripts probably won't handle Bezier keyframe types properly.

I'd given up on maintaining these scripts because of the ease of copy/paste keys between documents introduced around V10 - but if they're still useful just shout and I'll put a "12-ise" of them on my to-do list