interpolate sublayers function - edit the interpolation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lwaxana

interpolate sublayers function - edit the interpolation

Post by lwaxana »

Hi all! I have set up some frame by frame point animation as separate layers in a switch, and activated "interpolate sub-layers" hoping to get some free inbetweens. That is all working correctly. Now there are a few places where I'd like to clean up the interpolation. However, I don't know where the interpolation data is located because I'm between layers. Is there a location where you can access and adjust the point data on the inbetweens? Or is it necessary to work within a single layer if you need to edit the inbetweens?
slowtiger

Re: interpolate sublayers function - edit the interpolation

Post by slowtiger »

I wonder why you used a switch layer if all you need is just some key poses in a single timeline. I'm afraid there's no way to access the interpolation between switch layers.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thanks for your reply, Slowtiger!

I'm looking for a workflow where I can draw my rough animation frame by frame in TVPaint or similar program, then clean up, ink, color, and in-between in Moho. With the added benefit of being able to save each pose for future animation.

For an initial test, I just did the bangs shown in purple in the rough animation below. I duplicated the first layer and moved the points and repeated for all subsequent layers, so it could have been done in one layer. But in other situations, I would need a separate layer to cover different numbers of points, etc.

So it looks like I would need to work in one layer and only use switches where necessary? Or maybe it would be easier to ink in the frame by frame program and import as a series of .PNGs. I just feel better having it "saved" as a layer in Moho. :|

[edited to remove image]
Last edited by lwaxana on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The only way to "clean up" the interpolation in a switch is to add more switch sub-layers and move the switch keyframes around.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

A task like this would be done best in one layer (for each blob of hair) and with a combination of bone and point animation, IMO. Switch layers should be reserved for stuff when you need a really different view/rig.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5