Rendering with Quicktime Windows 10 Moho Pro 12.2

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heinschultz

Rendering with Quicktime Windows 10 Moho Pro 12.2

Post by heinschultz »

Hi

I'm having some trouble finding a working render setting in Moho to port to After Effects.

I re-installed Moho to get the 32bit install files for Quicktime purposes. However I'm not having much luck getting rid of the background rim stroke around my exported animation. This seems to change depending on the background colour set in projects settings. I get the alpha channel with the Quicktime Animation export option, so there's definitely transparency - but the blasted rim stroke I can't get rid of. Particularly bad with motion blur.

See attached images:

here's an export from After Effects:

Any help tips or tricks much appreciated
Greenlaw

Re: Rendering with Quicktime Windows 10 Moho Pro 12.2

Post by Greenlaw »

If you're going to send the output to AE, I wouldn't bother rendering QT from moho. It makes more sense to render to frames for compositing. Just use PNG with transparent BG. PNG sequences are easier to edit and manipulate with various AE tools, especially when you break down the scene using Layer Comps. Rendering to frames also makes faster to re-render revisions because you only need to render the affected range, not the entire sequence.

If the final output needs to be a QT movie, render that stage from AE or your editorial program.

But if you insist on rendering a movie file from Moho for AE, it sounds like you're having a problem with how the alpha channel is being interpreted by AE. Try using Pre-Multiplied and select the back color in your movie. Typically, this would be black but it sounds like you may be rendering with a white background in the movie for some reason. Or try checking Do No Pre-Multiply in Moho.

Personally, I find it easier to work with Moho image sequences also because AE works fine with the default settings and I dont have to think about it. (Everything else I have to do is hard enough.) :)