switch selection issue

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

switch selection issue

Post by cabbage0896 »

I am having issue with the switch selection window, I'm trying to use it for "Heads layer" for a front and side view in that it appears ok on frame zero (see inset at top of image) and when I move into the video say frame 240 and go to use the switch selection, my other head is getting mangled. (please see image in the switch selection window) I tried to include my layer structure in the image if that helps. I can't seem to solve this, I thought it was a translation problem or camera issues but nothing. Even in a test file I could not reproduce these bad results, only when a video was near completion with backrounds and characters. I created a test file to test my theories using the same layer structure and only one character with no backround and the switch selector work flawlessly, zoomed in, rotated, translated, no problems, so why only when my videos are more complete do I have this problem?
Has anyone seen this before? I'm stuck,.. any ideas?
Greenlaw

Re: switch selection issue

Post by Greenlaw »

Sounds like a binding issue or bad keyframes in an Action.

Try setting switch to the badly deforming head at frame 0, clear any later switch keys, and see what happens. That should give you some clues about where the error is occuring.

If it's a binding issue, correct the binding. If the binding is good, check your Actions and see if there isn't a keyframe somewhere that's causing a bad morph.

If you have multiple Actions for morphing the same element, it's possible there is a conflict. In general, you should separate the morphing by using only one Action at a time, or you can split the morphing between X and Y movements. For example, use one action to animate a horizonal 'turn' and another action for vertical 'up/down' tilting. If the motions are separate, they shouldn't conflict.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, post some pics. The problem you described can actually be cause by any number of things. Good luck!
cabbage0896

Re: switch selection issue

Post by cabbage0896 »

this is a repost of my switching issue with I think is an image file. I'll try the tinypics and see if that works. let me know if no image. Thanks Greenlaw, yours and this forum's help is invaluable.

tinypics worked problem solved!